Govt imposes restrictions from April 14, factories to remain open
12 April 2021, 12:37 pm
The government have decided to imposed strict restrictions from April 14 to 21 to curb the COVID-19 infections.
A gazette notification signed by Deputy Secretary Md Rezaul Islam has been issued by the Cabinet Division in this regard on Monday.
1. All government, semi-government, and private offices will be closed while airports, land ports, and seaports will be out of the restrictions.
2. Bangladesh Supreme Court will issue necessary instructions for the courts.
3. All kinds of public transports will remain shut. Transportation of commodities, production, and emergency services will be out of the restrictions.
4. Industries and factories will operate their activities by their own management complying with the health guidelines. All the organizations have to provide private transport for the workers.
5. Law enforcement and other emergency services and services related to offices, their employees, and vehicles are not included in the ban.
6. None can go outside except for absolute necessity, including medicine, daily essential products, treatment, burial/funeral.
7. Food shops and hotels-restaurants will be open for home deliveries from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm and 12:00 am to 6:00 am. Shopping malls and other shops will be closed.
8. Kitchen markets and daily necessities can be bought and sold in the open from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in accordance with hygiene rules.
9. The district administration will provide transportation for agricultural laborers.
10. District and field administrations will take steps to implement the rules and law enforcement will intensify regular patrols.
11. Director General of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) will give the necessary powers to the district administration and the police department to take legal action on his behalf.
12. Ministry of Religious Affairs will issue guidelines on the congregation of Jumma and Tarabi prayers following health rules.
13. In order to implement the appropriate instructions, the concerned Ministry or Department may issue supplementary instructions as required.
Earlier, the government enforced a 7-day nationwide restriction from April 5 as the coronavirus situation started worsening across the country. But they failed to ensure full implementation of health safety rules.
As a result, State Minister for Public Administration Farhad Hossain on Friday announced that a seven-day strict lockdown will be enforced across the country from April 14.